Sunday, January 06, 2008

My son Chandler born November 30, 2007



My son Chandler Ray Medendorp
I am so proud of Erin. Each time I see her deliver one of our babies, it makes me want to love her more. Watching her, so determined, going through labor and pushing our babies out, without anything for pain, because of the love she has for a baby she has not even seen, is the most unselfish act I have ever personally witnessed. After hours of effort and pain, we meet the baby, with tears running down my eyes, from the joy of the moment and from the pain I witnessed Erin going through. Erin has the most beautiful smile I may ever see, as she reaches out to baby Chandler to say "It's okay mamas here!". She then embraces the baby with all of the love she has to give him. I look at her and him and think of our other children, Riley, Paige, and Brooklyn, and realize how lucky and blessed by Jesus I am. For that moment, the world stands still and life seems perfect.
So now I can go on loving my wife and my kids and being thankful to God for the blessings that matter the most. Thank you to my mother-in-law Lori, who was such a blessing, driving here at 2 A.M. to be with Erin for the next 11 hours of labor and to stand by her side to love and support her through the most painful and joyful moments of her life. A love and support that can only come from a mother. Also to Erin's father Ray, who always stops his life to help his kids. I think Ray and Lori's top priority in life is to love and help their kids. This week they are taking care of our children at their home for 4 days to give Erin time to prepare and heal. I could go on. Thank you to our other visitors for coming to see us and being a part of our life.
My friends and family are a blessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too-Chandler